Host Your Own Event
Your event, held in support of CAMH Foundation, can help create a better understanding of mental illness and addiction in our community and supports research, teaching, clinical care and treatment for the one in five Canadians who experience a mental illness or addiction in any given year.
If you are interested in holding your own event, fill out an Event Application Form!
Or read about options for birthdays, weddings or other celebrations.
Here are some event and fundraising ideas
- Host a golf, hockey, basketball or other tournament
- Hold an auction or talent show
- Organize a dance or gala dinner
- Hold a themed breakfast, lunch, dinner or craft show
- Hold a barbecue, softball tournament or walk-a-thon, bake sale, party, etc.
- Donate proceeds from your dress down days
- Check out upcoming events for more ideas!
- Or contact Liida Franchitto to discuss your ideas at Lidia.Franchitto@camh.ca or call 416-535-8501 ext 36169.
Steps to help you plan your event
- Read our Event Information Guide to learn more about how you can support CAMH in your community.
- Be sure to fill out the Event Application Form and submit to us!
- Create a planning committee. This will help to distribute the workload and allow team members to make use of the unique skills they can offer.
- Establish your goals. Set realistic and measurable financial goals. Identify all possible sources of both income and expenses.
- Appeal to your audience. Be sure that the event fits the size, interests, talents, goals and availability of your audience to ensure that people will attend.
- Promote your event with pride! Please ensure that all of your promotional materials and publicity are reviewed and approved by CAMH Foundation.
- Say thank you! Acknowledge everyone who participated in and supported your event. Let them know how much was raised for a great cause and how much you appreciate their support.